Bohol Island PhilippinesCities, Towns, Municipalities and Islands
is the province of Bohol and is located in Central Visayas, about 70 kilometers southeast of Mactan Island. Lying southeast across the Cebu Strait (referred to by some as the Bohol Strait) and southwest from Leyte Island, it is separated by the Camotes Sea and Canigao Channel.
Bohol is also located north of Mindanao with Bohol Sea between them. It is about 700 kilometers south of Manila and about 70 kilometers southeast of Mactan Island. With a land area of 4,117.26 km² or 1,608 sq. miles and a coastline 390 km long, Bohol is the tenth largest island of the Philippines.
View Larger Map
With a topography which is oval in shape, Bohol land structure is mostly of gentle rolling hills in the eastern coast then rises to a plateau high in the central section where the famed Chocolate Hills exist.
There is only one city and 47 towns; 31 are along the coast, including Tagbilaran City and 17 are located inland.
There are 1,113 barangays and 75 islands and islets. The largest island is Panglao which comprises the town of Dauis and Panglao and faces Tagbilaran City in the southwest. Lapinig, in the northeast, is the second biggest island which was formerly a progressive barrio of Ubay.
The 31 Bohol coastal city and towns (in alphabetical order) are:
- Alburquerque, Alburquerque Zoo, Prony the Python, Albur's Native Industries, heritage, Sta. Monica Stone Church...
- Alicia, Alicia church, history...
- Anda, Anda church,attractions, beach, beach resorts, history, Trip to Anda Beach...
- Baclayon,Baclayon church, attractions,museum, history, Picnic at Baclayon. . .
- Bien Unido, Bien Unido Beach in Pictures. . .
- Buenavista,Mangrove forests, Cambuhat river and village tour...
- Calape, Calape church...
- Candijay, Candijay church, Mangrove forest, mangrove and adventure tour, Can-umantad Falls...
- Clarin, Clarin church, Clarin Fish Farm...
- Cortes, Cortes church, attractions, paper product, history...
- Dauis, Dauis church, hotels
- Dimiao, Dimiao church, Dimiao attractions, Dimiao beach resorts...
- Duero, Duero church...
- Garcia Hernandez,Garcia-Hernandez church, Garcia Hernandez attractions, Roxas Park, history...
- Getafe, Getafe church, Banacon Island Mangrove, Getafe Seaport, Pandanon Island...
- Guindulman, Guindulman church, tourist attractions, Guindulman bananas, bamboo products, history, Basdio Marine Sanctuary, beach resorts...
- Inabanga, Inabanga church, history, mangrove forests, tourist attractions, river, raffia-loomweaving...
- Jagna, Jagna church, dive sites, tourist spots, seaport, historical/religious sites, festivals, Birhen Sa Barangay...
- Lila, Lila Church, history. . .
- Loay, Loay Church, attractions, history....
- Loon,Loon Seaport, Loon church, Attractions of Loon, Heritage and Sites, Loon History, Origin of the Barangay's Names...
- Mabini, Mabini Church
- Maribojoc Town, Maribojoc Church, Attractions of Maribojoc
- Panglao, Panglao church, hotels, beach resorts, International airport
- Pres. Carlos P. Garcia, History of Pres. Carlos P. Garcia...
- Tagbilaran City - CAPITAL, history, airport, seaport, Cathedral, festivals, hotels, ancestral houses, Blood Compact Site...
- Talibon, Cathedral, The Blessed Trinity, The Making of a Parish in Talibon, seaport, sunset, bancas, fishpens...
- Trinidad, Attractions of Trinidad, History of Trinidad, Batungay Cave
- Tubigon, Tubigon church, mangrove forest, seaport, Church images...
- Ubay, History of Ubay, Ubay Seaport, trip to Ubay....
- Valencia, History of Valencia, Valencia Church, Badiang Spring, Badiang Spring Resort...
The 17 Bohol interior towns (in alphabetical order) are:
- Antequera, history< tourist spots, Antequera church, baskets...
- Balilihan, history, tourist attraction, Balilihan church, Foundation Day...
- Batuan, Batuan Church
- Bilar, Bilar church, tourist spots, Rajah Sikatuna National Park, birding at RSNP, butterfly sanctuary, Mahogany Man-Made Forest...
- Carmen, Carmen church, attractions, facts, profile, history, Chocolate Hills, Chocolate Hills Complex...
- Catigbian, attractions, festival, bamboo products, Bohol's Livestock Capital, 2008 Best Market...
- Corella, history, tarsiers, Research Center, Tarsier Man , Philippine Tarsier & Wildlife Sanctuary, Philippine Tarsier Foundation, tourist attractions...
- Danao, history, attractions, Danao OTOP, Francisco Dagohoy Cave...
- Loboc, Loboc church, tourist attractions, river, night cruising, festivals, Loboc Children's Choir...
- Town of Pilar, Pilar Irrigation System
- Sagbayan, Sagbayan Peak Park, Sagbayan Peak...
- San Isidro, First Agbunan Festival
- San Miguel, Bayongan Dam, trip to Bayongan Dam....
- Sevilla, Tourist Spots
- Town of Sierra Bullonesand
- Town of Sikatuna, Sikatuna History
There are 75 islands and islets of Bohol. Most of them are clustered in the northeastern part of Bohol particularly in the towns of Tubigon, Inabanga, Getafe, Talibon, Bien Unido and Pres. Carlos P. Garcia.
The following islands are listed in alphabetical order:
- Bagong Banwa
- Balicasag Island, Balicasag Diving
- Bay Sa Owak
- Cabilao, resorts, Cabilao Beach Club
- Lapinin Chico
- Mantatao Daku
- Mantatao Gamay
- Pamilacan Island
- Panglao Island, Panglao Town
To read about Bohol Government, please click here.
Provincial Symbols of Bohol
Share your Bohol Story!
How do you like these Bohol attractions? Do you have a great Bohol story? Tell all the world how lovely are the Bohol islands! Entering your Bohol story is easy to do. Just start typing! Add a photo or video if you want!
Bohol Stories by Our Visitors ...
See what others have written. Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page ... And remember to RATE the articles.
Then go ahead and tell us your own story, kwento, storya .... Its easy as eating peanuts :-)
Bountiful Bohol Not rated yet
Sometimes the best experiences in traveling are the unexpected finds. And so it is with Bohol, that island province that is nestled in the heart of Central …
Bohol History Not rated yet
Created by virtue of Act 2711 of March 10, 1917, this island province of Bohol is the tenth largest island in the Philippines.
This oval-shaped island …
Click here to write your own.