Bohol News, Alerts, Events
Secure your Cebu Bohol ferry tickets today to start your unforgettable journey!
Check out Now the best Bohol deals
Welcome to Bohol, one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Philippines! This travel guide will help you get up-to-date news and information about Bohol, including notices and events.
Recommended Bohol Philippines Tours
[ Bohol Sight Seeing Day Trips - Check Out Availability ]
[ Full Day Cruise and Sailing Tours - Check out Availability ]
[ Full Day Adventure Tours - Check out Availability ]
Discover more of Bohol's natural wonders through our recommended tours. Click on the links below to embark on unforgettable adventures:
Ready to explore the beautiful islands of Cebu and Bohol? Secure your ferry tickets today through 12go and start your unforgettable journey!
Before you start exploring Bohol, it’s important to know where to find news and information. Here are some reliable sources:
- Bohol Tourism Office: The Bohol Tourism Office is the primary source of information for visitors to the province. They have a website, social media accounts, and a physical office in Tagbilaran City where you can inquire about the latest news, events, and notices.
- Local Newspapers: Bohol has several local newspapers that cover news and events in the province. The Bohol Chronicle, Bohol Standard, and The Bohol Times are some of the most popular ones.
- Online Travel Guides: Online travel guides such as TripAdvisor and Lonely Planet provide up-to-date information on Bohol’s top attractions, events, and other travel-related news.
- Local Radio Stations: Tune in to local radio stations such as DYRD, DYTR, and Bohol Radio to get the latest news and information about Bohol.
When visiting Bohol, it’s important to be aware of any notices that may affect your travel plans. Here are some of the most common notices to watch out for:
- Weather: Bohol is a tropical island, and the weather can be unpredictable. Check the weather forecast before you travel and keep an eye out for any typhoon warnings or other weather-related notices.
- Road Construction: Bohol is a rapidly developing province, and there may be ongoing road construction projects that could affect your travel plans. Check with the local tourism office or online travel guides for any notices about road closures or delays.
- Beach Closures: Bohol has some of the best beaches in the Philippines, but some of them may be temporarily closed for environmental or safety reasons. Check with the local tourism office or online travel guides for any notices about beach closures.
Bohol has a vibrant cultural scene, and there are always events happening in the province. Here are some of the most popular events to look out for:
- Sandugo Festival: The Sandugo Festival is Bohol’s biggest event, held every July to celebrate the blood compact between the Spanish explorer Miguel López de Legazpi and Datu Sikatuna, the chieftain of Bohol. The festival features street dancing, beauty pageants, and other cultural activities.
- Ubi Festival: The Ubi Festival is held every January to celebrate Bohol’s native purple yam, or ubi. The festival features food stalls, cooking contests, and other ubi-related activities.
- Holy Week: Holy Week is a major event in the Philippines, and Bohol is no exception. Many locals observe Holy Week with processions, reenactments of the passion of Christ, and other religious activities.
- Tarsier Festival: The Tarsier Festival is held every October to promote conservation of the endangered Philippine tarsier, a small primate that is native to Bohol. The festival features exhibits, seminars, and other activities related to tarsier conservation.
Bohol is a wonderful destination with plenty to offer visitors. Keep yourself informed about the latest news, notices, and events by checking reliable sources and staying in touch with the local tourism office. With a little planning and preparation, you can have a safe and enjoyable trip to Bohol.
Top of Bohol News