Bohol Shopping and Souvenirs:
Where to Buy the Best Gifts and Treasures
Welcome to Bohol, the land of the Chocolate Hills, pristine beaches, and exotic wildlife. But there's more to this Philippine paradise than meets the eye. For shopaholics, Bohol offers a unique and exciting shopping experience that's sure to satisfy your retail cravings. In this travel blog, we'll take you on a tour of Bohol's top shopping destinations and showcase the best souvenirs and local products you can take home.
Bohol Shopping: What to Expect
When it comes to shopping, Bohol has a lot to offer. From bustling markets to modern malls, the province boasts a variety of shopping options that cater to different budgets and preferences. Here are some things you can expect when shopping in Bohol:
- Unique Local Products: Bohol is home to many skilled artisans who create unique handicrafts using natural materials like bamboo, coconut shells, and abaca fibers. When shopping in Bohol, expect to find a range of locally made products such as bags, baskets, jewelry, and home decor.
- Affordable Prices: Compared to bigger cities in the Philippines, Bohol's shopping scene offers affordable prices for most products. You can haggle at the markets and get discounts for bulk purchases.
- Friendly Vendors: Boholanos are known for their hospitality and warmth. You can expect friendly vendors who are willing to engage with you and help you find what you're looking for.
With that said, let's explore some of the best places to go shopping in Bohol.
Island City Mall
Island City Mall is the largest and most modern shopping mall in Bohol. Located in the heart of Tagbilaran City, the mall offers a wide range of local and international brands, restaurants, and entertainment options. The mall is air-conditioned, making it a great escape from the heat of the day. Here are some of the highlights of Island City Mall:
- Supermarket: The mall has a supermarket that offers a wide range of local and imported goods. You can find everything from fresh fruits and vegetables to snacks, toiletries, and household items.
- Food Court: The mall has a food court with a range of local and international cuisine. You can sample some of Bohol's famous delicacies like balut, chorizo, and calamay while enjoying the air-conditioned comfort.
- Cinemas: If you're looking for some entertainment, the mall has cinemas that show the latest Hollywood and local films.
Island City Mall is open daily from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm.
Bohol Quality Mall
Bohol Quality Mall is another shopping mall located in Tagbilaran City. The mall is smaller than Island City Mall but offers a variety of shopping options for those who want to escape the heat and do some shopping. Here are some of the highlights of Bohol Quality Mall:
- Local Products: The mall has a range of local products such as woven bags, t-shirts, and home decor. These products make great souvenirs to take home to your loved ones.
- Food Court: The mall has a food court that offers local and international cuisine. You can try some of the famous Boholano dishes like chicken inasal, grilled seafood, and kinilaw.
- Entertainment: The mall has an arcade and a bowling alley where you can have some fun with your friends and family.
Bohol Quality Mall is open daily from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm.
Bohol Bee Farm
If you're looking for organic and natural products, Bohol Bee Farm is a must-visit. Located in Panglao Island, Bohol Bee Farm is a 20-minute drive from Alona Beach. The farm produces organic honey, spreads, and teas made from the nectar of different flowers found in Bohol. Here are some of the highlights of Bohol Bee Farm:
- Organic Products: The farm produces a range of organic products such as honey, spreads, teas, and soaps. The honey and spreads come in unique flavors such as ginger, mango, and calamansi.
- Restaurant: Bohol Bee Farm also has a restaurant that offers organic and healthy cuisine made from fresh ingredients grown on the farm. The restaurant has a stunning view of the sea and is the perfect place to relax and enjoy a meal.
- Tours: The farm offers tours that showcase the different plants and flowers grown on the farm. You can also learn about the process of making honey and other products.
Bohol Bee Farm is open daily from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm.
Tagbilaran City Market
For an authentic Boholano shopping experience, head to Tagbilaran City Market. The market is located in the heart of the city and offers a wide range of products such as fresh produce, seafood, meat, and handicrafts. Here are some of the highlights of Tagbilaran City Market:
- Fresh Produce: The market offers a wide range of fresh produce such as fruits, vegetables, and herbs. You can find unique fruits like pomelo, lanzones, and durian.
- Seafood: The market also offers a variety of fresh seafood such as fish, crabs, and shrimp. You can have your seafood cooked on the spot and enjoy it with rice and vegetables.
- Handicrafts: The market also offers a range of handicrafts such as baskets, bags, and hats. These products are made by local artisans and are unique to Bohol.
Tagbilaran City Market is open daily from 5:00 am to 7:00 pm.
Alona Beach Shops
Alona Beach is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Bohol. The beach offers a range of activities such as swimming, snorkeling, and diving. It also has a variety of shops that cater to tourists looking for souvenirs and beachwear. Here are some of the highlights of Alona Beach Shops:
- Souvenirs: The shops offer a range of souvenirs such as keychains, t-shirts, and postcards. You can also find locally made products such as shell necklaces and bracelets.
- Beachwear: The shops also offer a range of beachwear such as swimsuits, board shorts, and rash guards. You can find stylish and affordable beachwear that's perfect for your beach holiday.
- Tours: The shops also offer tours and activities such as island hopping, dolphin watching, and snorkeling. You can book these tours directly from the shops.
Alona Beach Shops are open daily from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm.
Bohol is not just a destination for nature lovers, but also for shoppers. The province offers a range of shopping options that cater to different budgets and preferences. Whether you're looking for modern malls or authentic markets, Bohol has something for you. And don't forget to take home some unique and locally made products as souvenirs. Happy shopping!
Check out These Other Bohol Delicacies
- Bohol Delicacies
- Purple Yam of Dauis Bohol
- Bohol Ubi Kinampay - Only in the Philippines
- Bohol's Ubi Festival
- Filipino Cuisine- Bohol-Philippines
- Culinary Gem - Alona Beach, Panglao Island
- Products of Bohol - Bohol Philippines
- Bohol Culture
- Peanut Kisses- The Best Take-Home Snack
- Calamay- Bohol's Must-Have Treat
- Bohol Shopping Souvenirs: Where to Buy the Best Gifts and Treasures
Top of Bohol Shopping
Back to Bohol Philippines